Expiry Rate Rules
Starling Capital provides a range of assets to trade including stocks, indices, currencies, and commodities. We calculate our rates based on the last rates issued by a weighted average of three major feed providers at closing time. Please note that some expiry rate rules may vary. These rate rules refer to the common expiry rate rules. Please see our asset index for information regarding specific assets.
We continuously seek to update the list for client satisfaction. If you prefer to trade an asset that we do not currently provide, please contact us by phone or via [email protected] and express your interest in trading this asset. We will do our best to accommodate requests and add additional assets to the best of our ability.
Expiry Rate Rules vary according to their sector and may differ between assets from time to time.
- Stocks: (Bid + Ask)/2
- Indices:(Bid + Ask)/2
- Currencies: (Bid + Ask)/2
- Commodities: (Bid + Ask)/2
Applicable Expiry Rate Terms
- Assets have a Bid and Ask quote for selling and buying assets.
- A bid is the last known price quoted by the average feed list prior to the asset expiration time for selling an asset.
- An ask is the last known price quoted by the average feed list prior to the expiration time for buying the asset. Starling Capital calculates the expiration price by adding the bid and ask price together and then dividing by two in order to get the middle price (Bid + Ask)/2.
- The Last Quoted Price is the last known price that someone or an entity paid for the asset prior to the options expiration time.
- Indices are calculated statistical measurements in the financial market, which are based on the last traded price listed in the index. A trader may only purchase stocks or Exchange Traded Funds (ETF). They cannot purchase the actual index. Example indices include the Dow Jones Industrial Average and Nasdaq.
- Currencies refer to money such as dollars, pounds, yen, etc.
- Commodities are precious earth-based resources such as gold, oil, and grains.
- Stocks are partial shares or ownership in a company.